Saturday, March 16, 2013

DDLJ: Falling in Love, A Thousand Times Over



You may have first seen the movie at the age of thirty-six, like my mom was, or at five, like I was. And then you saw it again. And again. And one more time. And a time after that too. If you're one who loves some mushy romance, DDLJ is the epitome of them all. As someone who's always been in love with the idea of falling in love, I can say that DDLJ was definitely my first love, and Raj, my first crush. (If you don't know what DDLJ stands for or who Raj is, you can stop reading now..) Yes, I may have been just five the first time, but having seen the movie a thousand times after that, I can tell you my love wasn't just a stupid childhood dream.

(And yes, my mom may make all the faces she wants when I watch the movie now, but she still hasn't forgiven me for making her miss the song Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main when we saw the movie in the theatre!)


Simran taught me that it's great to dream about your ideal love, to wish for that perfect guy....and sometimes, your wish could come true. 

Who wouldn't want this??! :P 

You're missing the train, and there'll be that one hand that will be there to help....


He'll tease you and joke around with you.....

 He'll make you dance with him...


You both will get drunk and celebrate with a song.....

When Raj says "Palat" you melt and have to listen to his heart's desire....


And no matter how many times you deny it, "Ho gaya hai tujhko toh pyaar sajna.."

After all, "....Pyar hota hai deewana sanam..."

He'll fast with you and for you...

And face your very scary, big-eyed father....because in the end....

The braveheart will take the bride! (Yes, that's the literal translation!)

Here's to many more years of singing along with the songs, reciting all the dialogues, dreaming of a Raj-like man, and of course, falling in love with love.....

"Bade bade deshon mein aisi choti choti baatein hoti rehti hain..."
-Raj Malhotra
 
Pictures Source: Google Images

 
 

4 comments:

  1. How? I mean how can I not like this post?
    You have made me fall in love with 'Raj' all over again. Sigh! I am in a 'Mere khwabon mein jo aaye' mode now.
    Loved the post, Huzie.
    Straight from the heart and No-nonsense!
    Kudos

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Priya! :) Yeah, Raj is so awesome you fall in love at the mere mention of him! <3

      Love you too xxx

      Delete
  2. Awww! Huzie,I watched this yesterday and now i'm gonna watch it again! and everytime i'll read this. ill fall in love with Raj all over again! Brilliant post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog, Prachi! :)

      Delete