Monday, August 12, 2013

Star Spangled Journey (Part III)

Framing Memories

Here are some of my favourite clicks from my vacation. Of course I'm not a professional and just enjoy experimenting with my new toy - my Canon DSLR.  I love taking photos of nature (especially sunsets) and architecture so most of the photos in my collection consist of those. (Picking 10 from around 1500 was quite difficult but I tried my best!)

This is a window at the Washington National Cathedral....I don't know why but I liked this the most from all my photos at the Church. Somehow I could 'feel' the flames of the fire depicted in the stained glass. 

 A panel from the majestic Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building- only a glimpse of a the magnificence that is the grand architectural wonder!

 Another one of the interiors of the Library. I tried to capture the pillars that line the halls, as well as the colourful walls and ceilings.
 This one was taken atop Mount Bonnell in Austin, Texas. I just really like the composition and feel the bark of the tree adds to the impact of the photo as a whole. 

 This one was taken in Denver, outside The Airplane Restaurant. I love clicking pictures with different exposures and this was the result of a lower exposure in broad daylight. I like how the flag looks like it's almost in the skies.  :)
 One my my favourite places- Echo Lake, Colorado.  I like the dying plant that contrasts the clear blue lake that seems very 'alive'.
 
 A reflection of a rock formation in the Colorado River in Moab, Utah. Water always lends itself to very picturesque moments :)
 A capture of the rocks against the dark blue sky after a sunset in Moab, Utah

 Yes, even little squirrels enjoy the amazing views of the Grand Canyon! :)

Sunset at the Grand Canyon! Orange clouds, shadows on the trees, darkening sky...what else could a photographer ask for? Nature truly is an amazing thing.

1 comment: